a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Classic Pieces

To be worn with anything...classic, timeless, easy

Rose cut prehnite, oxidized

Ruby, unheated, polished
Finally.  I'm writing again.  Going through some hard times here.  I won't go into details.  
I will say that I missed blogging and have a few things I wish to mention.

I'm reading Walden, which I find to be incredibly soothing.  For some reason I assumed Thoreau wrote Walden at an old age.  No, he was only in his 30's.  It's comforting to read the thoughts of a man close to my age who also believes that the concepts of the world and our constant non-stop life style are draining.

After I complete Walden, I intend to read another classic.  I believe cobwebs have developed in my brain and it needs a good dusting up there.  Only the classics will do.  Books which are tried and true.  

"It's never too late to give up our prejudices."  ~Thoreau 


No comments: