a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I got the Interview...

Well.  Tomorrow at 10:30am I have my interview at Holloman's.  I turned my application in at 10:30am this morning and got a call for an interview at 11:17am.  I feel like I've got this in the bag.  I just need to be cool calm and collected.  I haven't interviewed in 5 years so I'm pretty nervous. 

I was looking for a picture to post for this entry and I started looking at all these pictures of Grady when he was a baby baby and on.  It occurred to me... these past three and a half years have been a blast.  Grady is my buddy.  And at times, I had my melt-downs, I had my mornings where I didn't want to get out of bed, I had times where they were purely blissful and I couldn't even dream up a better place to be.

In all honesty, I've had a lot of fun.  I'm going to miss just being able to be at home.  Just being able to "be" with Grady.  And when I think about going back to work and what 8am - 4pm will entail, I get a little sad.  Things were so comfortable and easy for Grady and me.  But there's also a little voice in my head saying "it can't last forever".  And that little voice is absolutely right.  The longer I keep things "easy" for Grady, the harder life will be for him.  Besides, he's ready to play with kids.  He wants to play so badly, it hurts him.  He will literally cry when he sees a playground or a school and can't be a part of it because we can't afford it.

Opportunity for Mommy has knocked, and I'm opening the door, just to see who is there.  If it doesn't work out, no harm done.  But I have to try.   My baby has turned into a little boy.  Here's to the years where it was just me and Grady.


3 comments:

basstardo said...

Man I love that boy. :)

Joasia said...

"Opportunity for Mommy has knocked, and I'm opening the door, just to see who is there. If it doesn't work out, no harm done. But I have to try." -- very well said. You go, Kel belle :]

And here's to Grady -- what a cool little dude. He has grown so much; I can't believe it's already been 3.5 yrs. I remember when we went on our Panera date and he was in the high chair. We kept feeding him little bits of our sammiches so he wouldn't feel left out :] You've got lots of good memories, Kel...now it's time to go make some more awesome ones with new adventures!

Kelly Reece said...

Thanks man. Exactly! I'm ready for them as well. And Grady is so painfully ready for school. This is good for everyone.