a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Friday, June 11, 2010

Compass Ring




Yesterday I got this pit nervous feeling in my stomach. It happens every so often. My body will literally crave a beach. I get shaky, restless, anxious really. So I decided to go for a long bike ride. That didn't suffice. Terry, Grady and I went to Yorktown beach and that certainly did the trick. It's not a "beach beach"... but it's a massive body of water no less, and the sunset was a work of art.

The craving for a "beach beach" is still in me a little. So it's no wonder when I sat down in my workshop this morning that I was drawn to this labradorite stone. Flashes of blue, aqua, and green. This compass ring tells you where you need to go. No doubt you need water to put your mind at ease.

1 comment:

basstardo said...

This is probably my favorite one that you've done. The stone alone is pretty cool. Very nice.