a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

English sea glass and Home

Over exposed shots while facing light gets you this:



Shop banners can be made from shots like this!



Is anyone else cooled out?  Anyone?

The glass from England has finally arrived!  Some of the glass is spherical.  It has actually taken on a rock shape; not flat at all. 


I don't know how the water does it! Unless the glass is that thick in the first place.  Maybe England has some serious uses for glass.

The colors, such brilliant hues!  I'm in awe... I've had a few combination ideas too.



with feldspar

with feldspar

with chyrosprase



The tranquility of these colors set my mind at ease.  That's going to make for some great jewelry.






______________________________________HOME____________________________________________

The comforts of home are numerous... but food is one of the larger parts contributing to that overall feeling of home.  Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner were worked on simultaneously at my house today.  I started... taking pictures.

Pot O' Beans

 I wasn't able to appreciate beans until we were broke.  $10 feeds 3 people for 2 nights.  And we're some eaters here...

Homemade Ranch

You'll never believe how easy this is to make. Mix equal parts mayonnaise and sour cream in a bowl.  Add water and combine adjusting as you may depending on the level of viscosity you're looking for.
Put garlic salt, pepper and parsley into the mix to your liking.  That's it!


A little roughage never hurt anybody!

Dad's Clean Your Plate Buttermilk Pancakes
This is my go-to recipe for pancakes, every time.  Make no mistake again with pre-made pancake mixes.  You NEED to make these from scratch!  Courtesy of Joy the Baker.

No comments: