a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gracious!

Joanna's Birthday ring!  Kyanite and space!

Lemon Quartz wrapped in gold filled sterling silver.

Faceted peridot stone and dapped silver circles.


I entitle this entry as "Gracious" because I feel like I've done a lot of work and don't have much to show for it.  That and I'm being super overly critical of my work and my photos.  

I have a macro lens which allows you to see MORE than the naked eye can see.  But to a potential buyer I'm sure they see "flaw, flaw, flaw!!!" Little do they know they are viewing a piece with greater detail.  Like looking at jewelry with a magnifying glass! 

I suppose I'm hard on myself because I know the piece inside and out.  When I look at the sites of those I admire I can see flaws in their work too... but I think to myself, "Naahhh!  That's just what "handmade" looks like!  Looks fantastic!"  Why can't I give myself that same courtesy?  I've held off on posting my work onto the site for fear of flaws showing.  If that is the case I'll never get anything online because I'm not a robot, I'm human!  There's going to be a petite flaw here and there because hands are clunky instruments sometimes... not precision instruments.  

Either way, the amount of time and effort I've been putting forth to making more and more is hopefully going to pay off in the long run.

No comments: