a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mary Mary Ring and Ancient Aztec Ring

I woke up this morning ready to work.  I turned out two very beautiful rings.

 Ancient Aztec Ring

I'm calling it this because the super organic color of this Azurite stone, the random diamond stamps I've pounded on the bezel and back plate, and the raw nature of the coil band remind me very much of the feel and culture of the Aztecs!




Mary Mary Ring

Mary Mary quite contrary
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
And pretty maids all in a row.
~Anonymous

 Such a brilliant pink tourmaline stone.  Pretty maids would wear this stone indeed!
I managed a pretty sweet design on the band that I'm sure I'll use in the future as well.

There's a little rabbit hiding in the band...

 see it?
In other, personal news:  I'm shadowing a very successful special ed. teacher tomorrow to see if it's what I want to do.  (Before I sign up for any more classes).  I'll let you know how it goes!

Eep!

No comments: