a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We Do Things!

 We went to the dentist today!  I know uncle Brian would be very proud!  Grady got to join the "No cavity club".  Mommy didn't though :-(  Still more things to work on.  But hey, no more root canals so I'm not complaining!  It was so easy to get my teeth cleaned.  I don't know why I worried in the first place.
 Here are the beagles at the pet store having a ball.  It's a great place to go in the evenings when you can't think of a thing to do but you want to get out of the house with the whole family.  We get to see chinchilla's and bearded dragon lizards, and lots of dogs when they're doing the obedience classes!  Grady really likes the geckos.

I really like these doves.  To the point that I want one.  Actually I want two.  They do better with a companion.  They're called "Diamond Doves".  I never thought I was a bird person until I saw these.  As I get older birds are appealing to me more and more. 

 We went to Office Max so I could get a personal day planner.  When I got the job, I needed to be at all kinds of appointments and have things signed for Grady's Child Care at the church.  So I found a nice simple blue day planner... and Grady found a basket to sit in.  One day, when I'm forty, I will go into Office Max, pick up a basket and think; "how did that boy EVER fit in one of these?"  

And finally... this, is why I haven't been writing in my blog every night.  The orange crate is the 2nd Grade curriculum materials, and the box on the right is 5th Grade's work.  It's a lot to absorb and even more to plan.  But I'm still loving every minute of it, so that's a good good sign that I'm going to continue loving it.  I start work on Monday!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Aw, I love the OMX/Grady basket @ 40 yrs. old comment :-)

Joasia said...

Yes, Uncle Brian will be very proud to know that Mr. Grady B has zero cavitites!!

I love that pic of him in the basket...and the one of the beagles. In every picture, they look like they're smiling!!

GraceThoughts81 said...

I am glad you are enjoying your job so far. Being busy is a good thing...and teaching is hard and time consuming work.