a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

You're Gonna Get Burned




As with any occupation, you face certain work hazards. In the office: poor eyesight, carpal tunnel, bad back. With metal smithing, you get scars. On the tips of your fingers. I realized today that I'm actually changing my finger print. Kinda cool and not all at the same time. Perhaps, these are all marks of a noob. Even though I've been doing this for a year now, I still manage to grab something that hasn't quite cooled, or, in today's circumstance, one of these paisley print earrings were still piping hot even after being quenched in water. I'm still trying to figure out how that was even possible. It's okay. These kinds of marks are worth it. My hands are meant to be used.

No comments: