a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jinx

Is it possible to jinx myself just by writing about the absolute wonder, true wonder, that's been occurring in my life?
Two days ago I interviewed to be an image artist located in Hilton Village at a photography studio.  As I walked out I noticed this cute store:




Looked cute, and the interview went well so I thought I'd treat myself to a little Hilton Village exploration.  

That's when I met Jennifer, Shawn, and Hannah, the shop dog.
Shawn owns Lockworks Salon  upstairs.


 I wore a few pieces of my own to the interview, she noticed them instantly and when I told her I'm a metalsmith, she called her husband down. "How does one even get into this?"  Husband persuasion, I think was my reply.  She asked me to come by that evening with my stock to take a look at the rest of my work.  Jennifer fell in love with this piece:



 She wanted to buy it and asked me to come in tomorrow to talk about exhibiting my work in her gallery.  Needless to say I gladly took the offer.  So here's she is!  My space in the gallery.  My rustic cabinet purely for my work.  I'm renting out the "real estate" in the gallery on a per month basis.






Here are more pictures of the gallery:



Grady took the shot...said "I liked the brush."


I'm in the works of picking out jewelry display.  It will mainly consist of linen, surf-tumbled rocks and lots and lots of jewelry.  And my card, of course.  If I get the job at the photography studio, I'm just a few doors down.  Work from 9-2 and check on my inventory in the shop.  

How did this happen to me again?  Does anyone want to touch me?  I'm beaming with optimism.

No comments: