a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Growth

  Growth of a Hydrangea Flower.


Hydrangeas may quite possibly be my favorite flower.  Okay that's a false statement.  I like so many flowers that I simply don't have a favorite.  That would be like saying, pick a favorite artist.  Well, depending on the day... I LIKE "bliggity blue!!!"  You see, I'm a woman.  I'm moody.  I sway left, right, this and that.   I'm starting to watermark.  Seems snooty.  I'm not a fan of snooty.  But as Golem says "It's MINE.  My own! My... PRECIOUS.

 Dirt


 With tiny hands we can dig and find either the most disgusting things in the dirt, or mayhaps the most interesting find of the day.  Grady tore into the grass, dug his tiny fingers into the dirt and found, dirt.  Some days he finds inch worms, rocks, shells, earth worms, seeds, bugs.  But not yesterday.  It was an uneventful dirt dig.  Another day young padawan.  Another day.
Did you know that the temperament of a Dachshund is headstrong, intelligent, and lively?  I just defined my husband. 

Hmm... what's the temperament of a beagle...

Beagles are conveniently-sized, handsome, friendly with people, peaceful with other pets, and with their appealing soulful expression, it's perfectly natural that many people consider them as potentially wonderful pets.

need much more exercise than most people give them, which is why you see so many fat Beagles with health problems.  (great...)

Beagles are explorers and chasers who will follow their nose wherever that fascinating sight or smell takes them, and since Beagles are endowed with selective deafness, they seldom come back when you call them.  (BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH..... Right ON!!)

vast stubbornness and distractability  (huh?  what???)

So I see why I like beagles so much. 

More about Dachshunds!!!

Dachshunds believe they are in charge at all times. They like to decide where they are going, when they are going there and what they'll do when they arrive. Telling a Dachshund what to do is futile. They must think the activity or behavior was their own idea, or they will become completely disinterested.

They are alert little watchdogs who don't take kindly to strange people or animals stepping onto their turf.

Doxies tend to be one-man dogs.  (Terry is such a loner.  He doesn't want it any other way.  If there were a deserted island with great fishing and a functioning grocery store, he'd move there.)
Dachshunds are known for their devotion and loyalty to their owners,[20][28] though they can be standoffish towards strangers.

Terry, you are a Dachshund.

 Pansies


 I cannot understand why for the life of me men call other men f'n pansy's.  Pansy's are a rather stout flower.  They can go three weeks without a drop of water.  They are even winter hardy and re-seed themselves.

Infant Hydrangea
  I'll try to keep watch on this particular bloom.  She'll be lilac in color, coming back for her debut from last year.  Hopefully I'll have better growth pictures.


No comments: