a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Bewitching Hour

Okay, money can't buy happiness, but it can buy tranquility.  I wanted to shoot the sky with my new polorized lens cap.  I knew exactly where I needed to go, but in order to get there, I had to go to the part of town where the residents are loaded. 

I got up the guts.  Knocked on the door:  "Hi!  I'm Kelly Reece, a photographer.  I was hoping to use your backyard to shoot some pictures of the sky and water.  May I have your permission?"   "
.......  sure."

Closed door.  WHO CARES! HE SAID YES!  Let's do this!  I ran to get my effects

James River at Sunset






Once done I said thank you after ringing the door bell twice because they were trying to avoid me I suppose.  I asked permission to shoot again if ever there were a decent storm coming our way.  His caretaker said that's fine so long as I knock and ask again.
No problem.

2 comments:

basstardo said...

Great pictures love. :)

Kelly Reece said...

Thank you so much my love. I wish you could have been there with me. The breeze made any bad thoughts go away.