a place where I share my thoughts, my life, and my pictures

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Loving Life

I've gotten back to loving my life since I quit my job.  I had more stress than I recognized.  I know my husband recognized it!  But I told myself I was fine, I was handling it, I'll do for me later ( and never got around to it).  Weekends would go by and I would have done NOTHING for myself.  Not one thing. 

Now when I cook, I take my time.  When I fold laundry, I stop to smell the downy freshness.  I talk to Grady about whatever is on his mind before bedtime.  Fishing after sunset with the boys is completely doable.  And most importantly I haven't felt that awful tinge in my belly that I would get when I felt like I had so much to do, not enough time to do it in, wanting only time for myself, knowing I wasn't going to get it.

Here are some ways I've been enjoying life:


Being a Mother
My time with him has been much more enjoyable.  We talk a lot.  He's finally holding conversations with me and I just adore talking to him.  I take him with me everywhere, just because I want him to go.

He likes to practice casting his fishing pole in the backyard.  He'll stay out for half an hour casting

Metalsmithing
Labradorite Pear Ring
made today while the boys were taking a nap.
Petite Flower Posts
Photography
Flowers at Dusk



No comments: